Stop Harold Schaitberger: The New Year’s Resolution

It’s a Lot Easier Than You Think

Schaitberger is in sole control of the IAFF.

He absolutely proved it when he forced out Ricky Walsh on trumped up, bullshit charges.

The vice-presidents are both complicit and impotent in his reign of terror.

They went along with Schaitberger’s plan to destroy Walsh.

Stop Him In His Tracks

Schaitberger is getting away with all this because we pay him to do it.

Money, our money, and spending it, are the only things he cares about.

We are paying to have him destroy the IAFF and all we stand for.

Stop paying him.

Period.

Take a direct, forceful, concrete action to stop his destructive behavior.

Go right around the useless vice-presidents.

Start withholding per capita payments, now.

An Effective Measure That Will be a Shock Wave

If  locals big and small, had the courage to hold their payments back and notify the IAFF that things must change, Schaitberger would piss his tailored pants.

It would be putting the brakes on the bully and his behavior.

Make the vice-presidents do their job for the first time in over 15 years.

Force them to bring Schaitberger under control: ethically, financially and politically.

Make them publish and implement a plan that is tough enough to show real results.

The more that join the movement, the greater the power to set things right.

And, don’t be intimidated by bullshit threats from a board that is terrified of Schaitberger.

Schaitberger is a run-away freight train and we have the ability to apply the brakess, now–today–if we want to.

Sacking vice-president Walsh is the straw that broke the camel’s back.

Do something about it–NOW!

Take the IAFF Back

Share This Post on Facebook and Tweet it!

Stop the Schaitberger Corruption.
Be a part of Saving Our Union.

• Lee says:

Couldn’t agree more. The Dear Leader (G.P.) Has ever only cared about maintaining his pearch on the 1% pedastal. He has shown that we are all just a means to a wealthy end for him.

• Ted Ricci says:

Thomas Jefferson wrote:
    “I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical.”

• LK says:

On the one hand we have YOU saying that Harold “forced out Ricky Walsh on trumped up, bullshit charges” and on the other hand we have DVP Walsh resigning and saying “I have in fact violated my own code of honor that includes our great Union’s C&B”. Obviously, it was not just trumped up bullshit.

You keep saying Harold is violating laws and rules and our C&B. Where are the feds breaking down the door? Where are the charges? Where’s his resignation? Clearly, he isn’t doing all you’re making it out to be.

Then we have you saying “We are paying to have him destroy the IAFF and all we stand for”. Really? You may not like him and you may not agree with him; you may even be right that he is a shady character…but he’s destroying the IAFF? Be serious. And the most hypocritical part of this is that you accuse Harold of destroying the IAFF while you are advocating for locals to stop paying dues!?!? Just stop. That’s actually advocating for destroying the IAFF and all we stand for…and that is 100% YOU. It would be like a member who is upset with his local President to advocate for everyone to go fair share or disband the union, and that member saying that crushing the local financially would benefit the local. Delusional.

If you want a battle cry it shouldn’t be…stop paying dues. It should be let’s continue to fight to make things better!! That we can all get behind.

I’ve said this before on your blog…you are no better than what you claim Harold to be. It’s sad because you’re probably right about some things but YOUR “destructive behavior” does more harm than good.

You are cherry picking your way through what I wrote.

What I actually said was, “Start withholding per capita payments, now.

Place them in a proper escrow account for later action when things really change.”

That will not destroy the IAFF, it is a path to force examination and change.

It is an appropriate and extremely effective action.

By the way, I do not agree with Walsh that he somehow egregiously violated the rules.

I think he is emotionally distraught after being bullied by a pack of crooks.

Schaitberger set it all up.

Does it bother you at all that he lied to the board and hired private investigators to spy on them as well as IAFF members?

Doesn’t that destroy the fabric of the IAFF?

I think a reasonable person would say yes.

That is not the way to build a strong, open and honest union.

I obviously disagree that my behavior is destructive.

It is unconventional, but that is what is needed.

Lastly, for someone with such strong opinions I find it telling that you choose to remain anonymous.

Cheers.

Eric Lamar

• Tom sullivan says:

I find the title of your previous post “IAFFistan” quite ironic after reading this post. Much like the terrorist insurgency known as ISIS, you too are using partial and inflammatory reporting in a fear mongering attempt to stir up the masses to take up arms based on a vague and “cherry picked” interpretation of dogma. Calling on locals to withhold per cap, as we all await as SCOTUS decision about our very ability to collect dues to do our business is misguided at best. The great patriots, whose quotes have been invoked throughout your blog and comments in recent days, purposefully, tactically and methodically set about rebelling against tyranny, they didn’t simply opine from on high and metaphorically roll a gernade into a cafe. They came together, presented to their contemporaries charges and evidence and then engaged in battle in a declared war.

If you and your contemporaries can amass charges and evidence, then please “brother,” write the resolution, step to the microphone and make your case. Unless and until you do that you are nothing more than a fringe zealot with a free website.

All that I am supplying is a good, healthy dose of transparency and disclosure, something that Schaitberger and the board despise.

Just put the facts out there (for the first time in 15 years) and let informed folks develop an opinion.

Secrecy and the decayed process got us to where we are today.

Time to throw open the doors and let some light shine in.

By the way, only a complete fool would conclude that Schaitberger and the board are not fully in control of the trial board process from one end to the other.

The only real hope is that the feds will come in and have a look around.

To go with your foolish revolutionary yammering on, if anything, I am a (very) bush league Tom Paine, writing what I think.

Don’t like it ?

Don’t read it.

• LK says:

“Start withholding per capita payments, now.” Yes…that is so much different than what I said, thank you for clearing that up. You’re advocating for the financial destruction of our union in YOUR pursuit of one man. Forgive me for not seeing how strong of a union brother you are. Solidarity brother. But seriously, when a local needs support for an issue and there’s no money from the IAFF because locals listened to Eric Lamar….that’s a good thing for that local? That’s a good thing for the IAFF? You’re accusing the GP of destroying the fabric of the union while you’re trying to destroy our actual union not just some fabric. And you do so out of spite for one person. How can you disagree your behavior isn’t destructive??

My anonymity is not a measure of my words. The only thing telling about it is that I don’t want my name to be associated with the drama between you and President Schaitberger. I’d prefer not to comment at all. Unfortunately, I care about our union at every level. I care to a fault and I cannot sit idly by while you continue with destructive behavior toward our union in YOUR pursuit of Harold. You would destroy our organization to bring down our President. That makes you worse than what you claim Harold to be. If you want to pursue Harold that is your right…and it may shock you but on some level I might even support that. You have many avenues available to you for pursuing President Schaitberger. You choose to do so publicly and unprofessionally. You do so in a manner that harms the entire organization and not your intended target. You should be ashamed! If you can’t see that you’re being destructive then you are indeed delusional.

To be clear…I’m not saying GP Schaitberger is right. I’m not even supporting his positions or actions. All I’m saying for all to see, is that….YOU are wrong! You’re destructive behavior is damaging our union. In my opinion when you and GP Schaitberger are gone it will be a great day for the IAFF. The people who care can continue to work for members improving their wages, hours, working conditions, and benefits.

Have a safe and Merry Christmas!

Secrecy and the decayed process got us to where we are today.

Time to throw open the doors and let some light shine in.

The only real hope is that the feds will come in and have a look around.

– See more at: http://www.turnoutblog.com/2015/12/22/stop-harold-schaitberger-the-new-years-resolution/#comment-1178185