Shady Schait: Hot Seat?

DC Superior Court

DC Superior Court

DC Superior Court

Our Dear Leader is due in DC Superior Court the end of this month to face a charge that he retaliated against former IAFF chief of staff Peter Gorman “deliberately, with malice, with intent to injure, and in reckless disregard for Mr. Gorman’s rights.”

It will be a pivotal moment, for sure.

For 16 years, Schaitberger has relentlessly defied the principles of our union by continuously destroying the hard-earned rights of members and employees.

Our Dear Leader

Our Dear Leader

Along the way he has denied us due process, eroded our democracy and spied on us while having us pay for the pleasure of it all with our union dues.

There’s a bit of David and Goliath in the coming encounter.

Pete Gorman is a firefighter’s firefighter with 34 years of service, retiring as a Captain at FDNY.

Pete Gorman

Pete Gorman

He ably and tirelessly served as a union delegate and eventual president of IAFF Local 854.

He may be best known for the extraordinary leadership qualities he evinced during and after 9/11 as 854 president, caring not just for active duty members but for the families of the Fallen, as well.

Gorman led, building an expert team.

Gorman is universally known for his integrity, values and commitment to our union.

Schaitberger as the gouty Goliath is the polar opposite, a study in form over substance.

Schaitberger may not have been a firefighter long enough to even vest in the pension system before prancing off to become a lifetime staffer at the IAFF where he was almost fired for credit card chicanery, a game he became expert at, finding no expense too small to charge to our union.

You can’t be a firefighter as long as Gorman was without it becoming part of your DNA.

That’s not true of Schaitberger, he spent his life with red wine in easy reach and feels no connection to who we really are, what we deserve or what we need.

There is simply no other way to explain his treatment of IAFF brother Darren Bates or others.

Schaitberger is an adept politician and he has used those skills to bully and deceive our union’s rank and file into supporting his creation of an empire built on his toxic values.

In DC Superior Court Schaitberger faces a daunting challenge: a citizen jury not beholden to him in any way.

He is the textbook example of a fish out of water, floundering and gasping for air.

Of course, the great irony is that union members will be footing the bill as the IAFF legal team of Woodley and McGillivary face the task of turning Goliath into Prince Charming.

This week:  The Case at Hand

iaffflag-150x1501.jpg (150×150)

Share to End IAFF Corruption

• Star witness says:

AMEN, believe me when I tell you, he is terrified!

• David Anders says:

Eric,
    I am the first to say I do not know the situation between Pete and Harold but I do know it could not and does not include you. I have always believed that Pete is a good man but unless you were present when the events occurred, hearsay is all you are going on. Your interference will only cloud the issue and this will not be good for anyone, especially the members of the IAFF…..butt out.

David Anders

• Star witness says:

David, it is obvious you are one of the suck ups! And, I take issue with you comment this issue doesn’t concern Eric. It includes and concern all members of the IAFF. After all, it is their dues, which will be paying the big attorney bills associated with this case. Finally, if you know Pete like you say you do, then you should know, he wouldn’t bring the suit against Harold unless he had absolutely a solid case! Wake up!!!

• David Anders says:

Star Witness says anything Eric tells him to or Eric is sending emails under a pin name. If you will go back and check what I said, at no time did I question Pete’s motives but I did question your involvement. Pete has a right to do as he wishes. I have no reason to “Suck Up” as you call it. The GP cannot help me in anyway or manner nor do I owe him anything. I do have a strong sense of fair play and I despise crooks and false pretenses. It is as simple as this….I quickly noticed that this so-called Star Witness’s wording has the language pattern and name calling as Eric’s and he obvious thinks that people are too ignorant to not recognize it. Why does Star Witness use a false pin name instead of his own? One reason only……he is hiding behind a false identity and wishes to do his back-stabbing without people know who is doing it. One way or another, Eric is behind this…..plain and simple.

D-

You are such a crotchety old puss.

Why do I even bother to reply to your nonsense?

Has it occurred to you that the only place this is even discussed is on MY page?

I don’t need to hide behind phony comments, I say what I want.

I think “star witness”, whoever they may be, knows Our Dear Leader (and Pete) pretty well.

You are letting your dislike of me inflame your anemic judgement.

Cheers.

• IslaFire says:

In response to Mr Anders comments

“I am the first to say I do not know the situation between Pete and Harold but I do know it could not and does not include you”

You make an illogical leap of faith here saying that you don’t know the situation but you conclude that it does not include Mr Lamar. Bad logic sir.

“I have always believed that Pete is a good man but unless you were present when the events occurred, hearsay is all you are going on.”

Another bad logical assumption. By your bad logic Mr Anders, an investigator who was not present is not trustworthy. Is a homicide detective present when the killer kills the killed? Not likely. They rely on information provided by witnesses.

“Your interference will only cloud the issue and this will not be good for anyone, especially the members of the IAFF…..butt out”

Please sir Mr Anders, elucidate the what is best for the members of the IAFF and what you believe to be the accomplishments of our International.